Sac&Co wants to pay tribute to those brave women who have faced breast cancer and are proud to now wear the banner of being a survivor! It's our "I'm a Survivor" sweepstakes.
To enter, simply submit a letter, maximum two paragraphs sharing how you stayed strong in the face of cancer. Or if someone in your life is a breast cancer survivor, email their story to us.
Please include the nominee's name, city, phone number and email address. You must be eighteen years or older to enter and please be aware that your letter may be posted in the contest section of our website. The winner will receive a gift coupon valued at seventy five dollars to the Esquire Grill, a one hundred dollar gift certificate to Capital City Loan and Jewelry and for a little well deserved pampering, a one hundred and fifty dollar gift certificate to Mellow Me Out Spa. Send your email nominations to info@sacandco dot net and please put "I'm a Survivor Sweepstakes" in the subject line. Entries will be acccepted now through October 26th.
For a complete list of rules, contest details and prize information, please read below.
I'm a Survivor Sweepstakes
1. NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR TO WIN. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR ODDS OF WINNING. SUBJECT TO APPLICABLE FEDERAL, STATE, LOCAL AND MUNICIPAL LAWS AND REGULATIONS. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED.
2. Eligibility. Subject to the additional restrictions below, the "I'm a Survivor" Sweepstakes" (the "Sweepstakes") is open to legal U.S. residents (excluding Puerto Rico) of the of the following counties in the State of California: Plumas, Sierra, Nevada, Yuba, Sutter, Colusa, Yolo, Solano, Sacramento, Placer, El Dorado, Amador, San Joaquin, Calaveras, Tuolumne, and Stanislaus who are 18 years or older at the time of entry during the Sweepstakes Period. Employees and contractors of KXTV ("Sponsor"), Gannett Co., Inc., Paragary Restaurant Group, Capital City Loan & Jewelry and Mellow Me Out Spa and each of their respective affiliated companies, and advertising and promotional agencies, and the immediate family members of, and any persons domiciled with, any such employees and contractors, are not eligible to enter or to win.
3. How To Enter. The Sweepstakes will begin at 12:01 a.m. (P.T.) on Monday, October 15, 2012 and end at 1:00 PM. (P.T.) on Friday, October 26, 2012 (the "Sweepstakes Period"). Enter by emailing submissions to email@example.com, completing all of the required information including contact information (full name, daytime telephone number, complete address, and county). Entries include a written description in English, of no more than 200 words, either uploaded to the entry or written in the body of the email entry, describing how the entrant or the entrant's nominee survived breast cancer. The entrant must own the written description submitted. Written descriptions provided must be written by entrant and may not have been published previously. Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify or withdraw any entry that is alleged to infringe on any third-party's intellectual property rights, or that exceeds the word limit or is not written in English. Your computer must accept cookies, or any successor or similar technology, which may be used for the purpose of entry tracking. Ad blocking software on your computer needs to be disabled so that it doesn't interfere with processing your entry. Complete the entry requirements and then submit your entry by clicking on the "SEND" button. By entering, you agree to the terms of these Official Rules and to receive e-mails from Sponsor or those directed by Sponsor. You can opt-out of the receipt of such e-mails by following the directions on the Sweepstakes website or in any email received from Sponsor.
Limit one (1) entry per person. Entries must be received by 1:00 PM (P.T.) on Friday, October 26, 2012.
Sponsor will not be responsible for incomplete, lost, late, or misdirected entries, or for failure to receive entries due to transmission failures or technical failures of any kind, including, without limitation, malfunctioning of any network, hardware or software, whether originating with sender of Sponsor. All entries become property of Sponsor and none will be returned.
4. Winner Selection. One (1) Grand Prize Winner will be selected in a random drawing from among all eligible entries received to be held on or about October 26, 2012.
5. Prizes and Odds. One (1) Winner will receive one (1) gift card to be used at the Esquire Grill part of the Paragary Restaurant Group (ARV: $75.00), (1) Gift Certificate from Capital City Loan & Jewelry (ARV: $100.00), (1) Gift certificate from Mellow Me Out Spa (ARV: $150.00) (Total ARV prizes: $325.00). Odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received. Winner will also be invited to appear live during Sponsor's program "Sac & Co" on a date to be determined.
6. Winner Notification and Acceptance. Winner will be notified on or about October 26, 2012 at the email address provided on winner's registration form. Winner must respond to the email notification within 48 hours. Failure to respond within such time period or return of email prize notification as undeliverable or failure of winner to respond to prize notification may result in disqualification and an alternate winner may be selected from among all remaining eligible entries. To claim prize, each winner must personally visit Sponsor's offices at 400 Broadway, Sacramento, CA 95818 within five (5) business days after notification (office visits must be between the hours of 8:30 a.m. (P.T.) and 5:00 p.m. (P.T.) weekdays). Valid photo identification may be required by Sponsor in each case. Winners may waive their right to receive prizes. Prizes are nonassignable and nontransferable. No substitutions allowed by winner. Prizes and individual components of prize packages are subject to availability and Sponsor reserves the right to substitute prizes of equal or greater value. Winners are solely responsible for reporting and payment of any taxes on prizes. Winners may be required to complete an affidavit of eligibility/liability and publicity release (except where prohibited by law) which must be returned as instructed by Sponsor. Failure to sign and return the affidavit or release, or to comply with any term or condition of these Official Rules, may result in a winner's disqualification, the forfeiture of his or her interest in the prize, and the award of the prize to a substitute winner. Except where prohibited, acceptance of any prize constitutes winner's consent to the publication of his or her name, biographical information and likeness in any media for any commercial or promotional purpose, without limitation the Internet, or further compensation. Prizes not won and claimed by eligible winners in accordance with these Official Rules will not be awarded and will remain the property of Sponsor.
7. Participation. By participating, entrants agree to be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of Sponsor. Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify persons found tampering with or otherwise abusing any aspect of this Sweepstakes as solely determined by Sponsor. In the event the Sweepstakes is compromised by a virus, non-authorized human intervention, tampering or other causes beyond the reasonable control of Sponsor which corrupts or impairs the administration, security, fairness or proper operation of the Sweepstakes, Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to suspend, modify or terminate the Sweepstakes. Should the Sweepstakes be terminated prior to the stated expiration date, Sponsor reserves the right to award prizes based on the entries received before the termination date. Sponsors will not be responsible for incomplete, lost, late, postage-due, misdirected or illegible entries, or for failure to receive entries or other electronic communications due to transmission failures or technical failures of any kind, including, without limitation, malfunctioning of any network, hardware or software, whether originating with sender or Sponsor. In the event of a dispute, all online entries will be deemed to have been submitted by the owner of the ISP account from which they were sent. For these purposes, an ISP account holder shall mean the natural person assigned to such ISP account by the Internet access provider, online service provider or other organization responsible for assigning ISP addresses for the domain associated with such ISP account. Any questions regarding the number of entries submitted by the owner of an ISP account shall be determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion, and Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify any entries by persons determined to be tampering with or abusing any aspect of the Sweepstakes.
8. Copyright. By entering the Sweepstakes, each entrant grants to Sponsor an exclusive, royalty-free and irrevocable right and license to publish, print, edit or otherwise use the entrant's submitted entry, in whole or in part, for any purpose and in any manner or media (including, without limitation, the Internet) throughout the world in perpetuity, and to license others to do so, all without limitation or further compensation. Each entrant further agrees that if his/her entry is selected by Sponsor as the winning entry, he/she will sign any additional license or release that Sponsors may require, and will not publicly perform or display his or her submission without the express permission of Sponsors.
9. Construction. The invalidity or unenforceability of any provision of these rules shall not affect the validity or enforceability of any other provision. In the event that any such provision is determined to be invalid or otherwise unenforceable, these rules shall be construed in accordance with their terms as if the invalid or unenforceable provision was not contained therein.
10. Sponsor. The "I'm a Survivor" Sweepstakes" is sponsored by KXTV. The decisions of Sponsor regarding the selection of winners and all other aspects of the Sweepstakes shall be final and binding in all respects. Sponsor will not be responsible for typographical, printing or other inadvertent errors in these Official Rules or in other materials relating to the Sweepstakes. For a list of winners (available after October 31, 2012) or a copy of these Official Rules send a self-addressed, stamped envelope to "Winners List/Official Rules" (as applicable), "I'm a Survivor" Sweepstakes, 400 Broadway, Sacramento, CA 95818. If you have any questions regarding this Sweepstakes, please contact Cynthia Butler at (916) 321-3289 and/or firstname.lastname@example.org.