Home in south Sacramento destroyed by "suspicious" fire.
SACRAMENTO - Sacramento firefighters say arson may be at the root of a fire that destroyed a home near 6th and Sky Parkway in south Sacramento on Wednesday morning.
According to Battalion Chief Chris Ortiz, the excessive degree of flame, smoke and heat made it likely the fire was started with some kind of accelerant like gasoline. While not confirming the fire was a result of arson, Ortiz classified the incident as "suspicious".
The home appeared to be vacant due to boarded up windows, but it was unknown whether squatters had been inside the residence. However, multiple sweeps through the home after the fire was extinguished returned no evidence of casualties.
No surrounding homes were impacted by the fire.