4 medium tomatoes, vine ripened
1/2 onion, white, large, thinly sliced
7 fresh basil leaves, chopped
1 teaspoon balsamic vinegar
2 tablespoons olive oil, extra-virgin
1/8 teaspoon sea salt
1. Wash the tomatoes and onions well under cool, running water before preparation. Gently wipe vegetables dry with a clean damp towel.
2. Use a clean damp paper towel to gently wipe off the basil, removing any loose dirt.
3. Using a sharp knife remove stem ends from each tomato. 4. Cut tomatoes into 8 wedges.
4. Roll-up the basil leaves one at a time and cut into thin strips crosswise.
5. Combine the vegetables into one bowl and gently toss until well combined.
6. Drizzle with the vinegar and oil and season with salt.
7. Let rest for 20 minutes at room temperature. If made ahead, cover and refrigerate until 20 minutes before service. Tomatoes always taste the best when served at room temperature. Serve at room temperature.
Serving size: ½ cup
Nutritional Analysis: Calories 46, Fiber 1 g, Carbs 3 g, Protein 1 g, Fat 4 g, Chol 0 mg, Sodium 40 mg, Iron 0 mg, Calcium 1 mg, Potassium 162 mg
Calories 46, Fiber 1 g, Carbs 3 g, Protein 1 g, Fat 4 g, Chol 0 mg, Sodium 40 mg, Iron 0 mg, Calcium 1 mg, Potassium 162 mg
Recipe Courtesy Anita Kobuszewski